Chief Financial Officer of a hotel chain consisting of 8 hotels with an asset portfolio of $65M. Managing accounting department, reducing costs, overall management of NYSE and SEC compliance efforts and minimizing overall company risk.
Specific job duties include:
· Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
· Establish regular organized internal reporting
· Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
· Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
· Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
· Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
· Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures (Accounts Payable); analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
· Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
· Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing SEC financial reports; advising management on needed actions.