Member Name: Steve Zylstra
Position: President & CEO
Company: Arizona Technology Council
President and CEO:
Catalyst Connection (www.catalystconnection.org): A federally-funded Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) and Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Industrial Resource Center (IRC). A consultancy serving small- and medium-sized manufacturers delivering services that transform companies through best business practices and new technology.
• Won the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Economic Development Administration (EDA) Excellence in Economic Development for enhancing regional competitiveness.
Pittsburgh Technology Council (www.pghtech.org): A membership-based technology trade association, serving over 1300 companies in the 13 county region of southwestern Pennsylvania. The oldest and largest technology council in North America.
• Worked with Governor and General Assembly to increase the Research and Development (R & D) tax credit pool from 15 million to 40 million from 2003 to 2007, enhancing the small business set-aside from $6 million to $8 million. Increased the amount of the credit by 100% for small business and made R & D tax credits tradable to assist early-stage and cyclic businesses.
to business leaders, policymakers, thought leaders and elected officials.
Doyle Center for Manufacturing Technology (www.doylecenter.org): A federally-funded economic development organization created to improve Defense supply chain initiatives through Network Centric ManufacturingSM.
• Launched organization in 2003, securing over $7 million in federal funding to date.
Pennsylvania NanoMaterials Commercialization Center (www.pananocenter.org): An industry-lead initiative to position Pennsylvania as an epicenter of nanomaterials applied research and commercialization.
• In two years, realized the private sector’s vision for an organization concentrated on funding collaborative research that focused on commercialization of nanomaterials technologies.
Specialties:• Technology Transfer
• Government Relations (Federal, State and Local)
• Marketing and Public Relations
• Strategic Planning Process Implementation
• Communications and Public Speaking
• Intellectual Property (Patents, Licensing)
• People and Interpersonal Skills
• Strategic Partnering and Collaboration
• Employee Performance Planning
• Organizational Planning and Leadership
• Executive Management
• Business and Strategic Planning
• Technology and Manufacturing